Video the new Star of Social Media
Who knew the Buggles song “Video Killed the Radio Star” released in 1979, would predict the future of video in social media for businesses in 2017.
In 1979 American television hit a new high of 43 million viewers watching Elvis, an ABC movie starring Kurt Russel as Elvis Presley. Today we have far surpassed those numbers with online video that can be viewed with any smart device. Conveniently this can be on your phone, small enough to fit the palm of your hand, to a 110-inch flat screen TV, that can be viewed by the whole family. With one click you can share this video with millions of people. Radio might not be dead, but there is no doubt that video has taken social media by storm.
Here are a few statistics from ReelSEO and Hubspot:
- People watch more than 100 million hours of video on Facebook
- YouTube brings in nearly 4,950,000,000 video views daily
- Snapchat alone fuels more than 10 billion video views every day
- YouTube reaches more 18 – 49 year olds than any broadcast or cable TV network, with mobile traffic
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to purchase a product online
- Visitors spend 88% more time on a website that includes video
What does all of this mean for your business today?
Well, it’s simple. If you are not already using video to promote your product and company, using it on your website, mobile app, or social media, then I would encourage you to start now, in order to reach your audience. This will improve sales and publicity.
It is very clear that video is here to stay, so start recording!
Fluidity is a Cape Town based software development company that has built their reputation on their ability to meet the needs of customers with the innovative power of tech.
Fluidity believes that companies who adapt will ultimately survive and thrive, and that innovation and technology is key to those ends. They partner with their clients as they help them innovate and compete with software solutions that create results.